Local Support & National Helplines

Local Support

Here are some links to sources of advice and help which may be useful to you:

Citizens' Advice

Citizens' Advice have great expertise on benefits matters and debt advice among other things. They have a number of offices in our around the constituency, including in Bishop’s Waltham, Eastleigh, Fareham, Havant and Petersfield. You can find your nearest office by entering your postcode here.

Call 03444 111 444 for their national hotline or take a look at their website for additional information.


Hampshire County Council

The County Council is responsible for local services, including education, social services, transport, roads (except trunk roads and motorways), public rights of way, and libraries.

HCC is overseen by its elected Councillors, and as a Member of Parliament, Flick has no power to compel HCC to take a given course of action - your Division Councillor will be best-placed to advise you on all matters within HCC's remit.

View their website here and find out how to contact team you need here.  

You can find your county councillor and their contact details here.


District Councils

District Councils are responsible for local services, including planning, council housing, and rubbish collection.

District Councils are overseen by their elected Councillors, and as a Member of Parliament, Flick has no power to compel them to take a given course of action - your Ward Councillors will be best-placed to advise you on all matters within their Council's remit.

There are three district councils serving different areas within Meon Valley: Winchester City Council, Havant Borough Council and East Hampshire District Council. You can find your council here.

Winchester City Council

Website: https://www.winchester.gov.uk/

Telephone: 01962 840 222

Councillors: https://democracy.winchester.gov.uk/mgMemberIndex.aspx?bcr=1

Havant Borough Council

Website: https://www.havant.gov.uk/

Telephone: 02392 446 019

Councillors: https://havant.moderngov.co.uk/mgMemberIndex.aspx?bcr=1

East Hampshire District Council

Website: https://www.easthants.gov.uk/

Telephone: 01730 266 551

Councillors: https://easthants.moderngov.co.uk/mgMemberIndex.aspx



Child Maintenance Service (/Child Support Agency)

0345 713 3133

Jobcentre Plus

New benefit claims – 0800 055 6688

Existing benefit claims (Job Seekers Allowance, Income Support, Incapacity Benefit, Employment and Support Allowance) - 0800 169 0310

Universal Credit

0800 328 5644

Tax Credits 

0345 300 3900



Income Tax enquiries

0300200 3300



Pensions Service 

Claim your state pension – 0800 731 7898 or online here

Technical help with online service – 0800 169 0154

Information or reporting a change – 0800 731 0469


The Silver Line

0800 4 70 80 90


Domestic abuse

Hampshire County Council are able to offer support. The contact details are:

As always, dial 999 if it is an emergency. 


Immigration and Visas

You can find a range of information and contact details online here.

As a Member of Parliament, Flick cannot give individual constituents advice on making immigration applications, although she can ask UK Visa and Immigration to look into complaints or to look into delays. If you need advice on making an application on any immigration or visa matter, Flick recommends you consult an advisor registered with the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner.


Other useful numbers

Emergency Services 999
Police – non-emergency 101
NHS – non-emergency 111 


Useful Websites


The official government website, a 'one stop shop' for all enquiries relating to government services.



Official website which offers information about the House of Commons and the House of Lords.



Hundreds of new jobs are advertised here each week for you to search through.



NHS Direct health advice and information service allows you to check your symptoms online and find out how to get trusted information on conditions.



Website for the Crimestoppers Trust that operates the 0800 555 111 hotline, this can be used to pass on information about crime anonymously.



The Warm Front scheme installs insulation and heating improvements to make homes more energy efficient.



Advice on consumers' rights and the scams to avoid.